Know-How to Fix “Backup File Contains Unrecognized Data and Cannot be Used” Error? Easiest Solution
The process of making a backup is quite correct. It is because if you have backed up your files and sometimes any file gets deleted from you due to any reason, then you can get that file back with the help of a backup file. But sometimes when you have taken a backup of your own file in BKF format. If you want to take back your data from that backup file, and start showing the “Backup File Contains Unrecognized Data and Cannot be Used” error and you don’t understand know what to do, don’t worry, this blog is for you, we will know in this article how to fix this error.
Many users have faced this “Backup File Contains Unrecognized Data and Cannot be Used” error, their query is seen in the images below.
Why Does Show this Windows Backup Error?
Using the built-in NTbackup application in Windows XP, users may quickly create BKF files as backup copies of their data. The mistake may have a number of distinct causes. Following are a few of them:
- This error message appears when users use the NTBackup program on Windows 7, 8, or 10 to restore backup data made on Windows XP or Server 2003.
- A similar issue happens when users attempt to restore a faulty backup file. Any factor, including a virus assault, software malfunction, hard drive failure, and others, may be the cause of BKF file corruption.
How to Repair “Backup File Contains Unrecognized Data and Cannot be Used” Error?
There is only one solution available to fix this error “Backup file contains unrecognized data and cannot be used”, with the help of which you can fix it and recover your data. This error means that your file has been corrupted, due to which you are not able to extract BKF file data, there can be many reasons for the BKF file to get corrupted, we have mentioned all the reasons above in deep to why showing this error.
There is only one way to fix this error. With the help of the 4n6 BKF Repair Tool you can repair and recover your data from any corrupted files. Let’s have a look at how to make use of this software.
Learn How to Use this Software and How to Fix this Error
- Download this software with the help of download now button and then install it on your windows platform
- After the installation, click on the open button and then choose the BKF file option. Then upload the files with the help of choose folder or choose file option
- Thereafter, click on the Action button and then choose the extract option to continue the fixing process
- Finally, choose the destination path and then hit the Save button. Now this “Backup File Contains Unrecognized Data and Cannot be Used” error will be fixed.
When attempting to restore a backup, the vast majority of customers are met with the error message “the Backup File Contains Unrecognized Data and Cannot be Used”. In order to find a solution, we looked at the most tried and true options. It’s possible to restore a backup file using the windows NT backup restore utility on Windows XP. However, it doesn’t work in Windows 7, 8, or any other version of Windows.
We’ve outlined the process for resolving this issue with the help of a third-party program in our blog post. Because the NTBackup utility cannot restore damaged backup files, you will need to obtain an automated tool instead.