Recover Missing Catalog of BKF files without Losing Any Data – Complete Method
Windows users mostly use two software to take backups of their important data, like photos, videos, text files, and any other formatted data. The first is the NTBackup utility, and the second is the Symantec Veritas utility. The NTBackup utility was included in the Windows XP version, but if you want it in the latest version of Windows, you must download it along with its catalog file. The NTBackup utility comes with three catalog files: the first one is ntbackup.exe, the second one is ntmsapi.dll, and the last one is vssapi.dll. If any one of these catalog files is missing, you cannot recover your data. Today we will discuss how you can recover missing catalog of BKF files.
What are Catalog files?
NTBackup’s catalog files are used to extract data from the BKF. These catalog files are generated during the backup process and stored in a system subdirectory called catalog. If you try to create multiple Windows backup files at once, then these catalog files get damaged.
And after that, when you want to restore data from these files, you will not be able to recover the data due to catalog file damage. If you want to open a BKF file in NTBackup that was created by coordinating and performing multiple backup procedures in case of such damage, you will notice that the catalog file is missing from the Restore tab.
Learn How to Recover Missing Catalog of BKF files using Professional Tool
To recover missing catalog files of Windows backup files, you should use alternative software of NTBackup utility like 4n6 BKF Repair Tool. This software is most capable of recovering your catalog files and with its help, you can also recover data from corrupted files. In this software, you can recover catalog files of multiple Windows backup BKF files at once and without any size restrictions. This 4n6 software is straightforward to use and no technical knowledge is required to recover missing catalog of BKF files.
Guidance on How to Use This Advanced Utility With All Screenshots
- Firstly, download this software and then install & run this tool on your Windows platform
- Click the Open button and then select the .bkf file after clicking the Choose Folder or Choose File options
- After the uploading, you can preview your windows backup BKF file’s data on the software panel
- Select the Extract button after clicking the Action button in the menu bar the recovering
- Click the Save button after the selecting destination path for the resultant data
Alternative Solution If User Using Windows XP Versions
If you are still using Windows XP then this method may work to recover missing catalog of BKF files but we cannot 100% guarantee whether this method will work or not. But this method is available, so we are also telling about it in this article and we have given its steps below:
- To remove the catalog files from the Restore tab, open the Restore tab and right-click on each catalog.
- Right-click File > Click Catalog File under the Restore tab.
- Click OK after inserting the proper disc or backup file (.bkf file).
- If you are carrying out many restorations at once, repeat this procedure for each catalog file.
In this article, you will learn how you can recover missing catalog of BKF files without any help. In this article, we have discussed two methods, the first automatic and the second manual. If you want to know the opinion of experts, ask which method they recommend. Experts recommend the automated way because, with the help of this software, you can recover missing catalog files very easily and without any problems.