How to Transfer Windows Live Mail to Another Computer?
These days, upgrading to a new system is fairly usual. However, the most difficult aspect of this task is dealing with emails, particularly for the desktop email client. It is difficult to transfer emails from one PC to another. This is the problem that Windows Live Mail customers are experiencing. Many customers desire to know how to transfer Windows Live Mail to another computer. If you’re one of them, you’ll find your answers in this article.
There are several ways to transfer emails Windows Live Mail to another computer. However, not all of the methods are convenient for everyone. Coping Windows Live Mail to another PC may need several procedures or many steps for each operation. You might refer to the strategies listed below to complete your work efficiently.
How to Transfer Windows Live Mail to Another Computer?
- Click “Home” and “Sign In” in Windows Live Mail on your new computer.
- Enter your Windows Live ID and password. This would be the same Windows Live ID as your old machine.
- To login, press “OK.” Automatically transferring mail, contacts, and calendars. This approach only works for Microsoft or Windows Live emails, contacts, and calendars.
Manually Transfer Windows Live Mail Folders to Another Computer
- Windows Live Mail needs a folder on your old PC to export mail. Press “Ctrl-E” to start File Explorer, choose “Desktop” under Favorites, click the “Home” tab, and pick “New folder.”
- Click “File,” “Export email” and “Email messages” in Windows Live Mail.
- Choose “Microsoft Windows Live Mail” as the file format, then click “Next” and “Browse.”
- To transfer Windows Live Mail to another computer files, click “Next,” then choose all the email folders you wish to export. After exporting, click “Finish.”
- Insert a USB key or external hard disc. Drag your exported email folder from the desktop to the USB key or hard disc. After copying files, eject the device and attach it to your new computer.
- Click “File” and “Import messages” in Windows Live Mail on your new computer.
- Pick “Windows Live Mail” from the list of file types, click “Next,” then “Browse,” and select the exported emails’ folder.
- Click “Next” and “Finish” to move Windows Live Mail to another computer.
The two fundamental methods to transfer emails from Windows Live Mail to another computer are summarized above. Although manual, these procedures to move Windows Live Mail folders to new PC take a long time and only let you access your exported emails using Windows Live Mail.
Therefore, you should have a look at the method below if you want a more acceptable way to copy emails from Windows Live Mail to another computer and open them using different clients.
The Best Approach to Move Windows Live Mail Folders to Another Computer
The best and most efficient way to export emails from Windows Live Mail to another computer is through a Windows Live Mail Converter. It is an application that is entirely focused on Windows Live Mail and can transfer your data to numerous alternatives, including PDF, Gmail, PST, MBOX, and more. As a result, you don’t need to use your WLM account to access your WLM data on a new PC; instead, you may utilize your WLM files with any new account on your new PC. To comprehend how the tool functions, have a look at the procedure to transfer Windows Live Mail folders to new PC below.
Complete Steps to Move Windows Live Mail Folders to New PC
- To transfer Windows Live Mail to another computer, download, install, and run the software.
- Open Windows Live Mail Accounts or Folder from the drop-down menu on the Open tab after launching the application.
- Select the WLM Folders you wish to transfer by navigating to them.
- Once all WLM files have been uploaded to the tool, you may review the data before conversion. In addition to move Windows Live Mail to new PC; the tool also lets you preview your emails in different modes.
- Select the storage choice under the Export Tab. Choose the PST saving option if you wish to export Windows Live Mail to Outlook.
- By selecting a folder using the Browse button, you may choose where the output files will go. Click Save to migrate Windows Live Mail to another computer.
Once every file has been converted, you may transfer your data to a new PC using the USB stick.
Read More About the WLM Data Transfer Toolkit
- The WLM transfer tool may mass transfer Windows Live Mail to another computer.
- It can also transfer contacts from Windows Live Mail to another computer.
- Allows you to view WLM emails before transferring them to another savings account.
- Allows you to examine Windows Live mail in depth by using the hex ad raw mode.
- Allows you to move folders from Windows Live Mail in one of 25+ saving options.
- It is compatible with Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, and any previous version of Windows.
- It is independent and can transfer Windows Live Mail folders to new PC on its own.
We have provided you with several excellent methods to transfer Windows Live Mail emails to new PC. You may either use the manual method to move Windows Live Mail to another computer, which involves numerous steps and only allows you to open WLM files through your WLM account. You may also use the automatic method to transfer Windows Live Mail folders to new PC, which requires only a few simple steps and allows you to export Windows Live Mail to Windows 10 Mai and many other email accounts. You can go over both processes above and pick the one that works best for you.