How to Export Contacts from Windows Live Mail? The Best Manual Solution
Windows Live Mail accounts are used for more than just email communication; they are also utilized for other reasons such as contact management. However, it is occasionally necessary to export contacts from Windows Live Mail account as well in order to use them in another client or for backup purposes. So, if you feel the same way and want to extract WLM contacts, let me show you how.
Manually Export Contacts from Windows Live Mail
- When using Windows Live Mail on your previous computer, navigate to the “Contacts” folder, and then select the “Export” button that is located on the ribbon.
- Choose “CSV” as the kind of file to export, navigate to the directory on your computer where you wish to save the exported contacts file, input a distinctive title for the document, and then hit the “Save” button.
- After selecting the fields you wish to export, click the “Finish” button after clicking the “Next” button.
So there you have it, a manual method to extract contacts from Windows Live mail. When using the manual method, you must keep in mind that you can only export Windows Live Mail contacts in CSV format. Although the CSV format is useful for storing contacts, you must also have a choice of platforms when it comes to safeguarding them. Therefore, you must carefully read the following technique if you wish to preserve your contacts somewhere other than a CSV file.
An All-in-one Technique to Extract Contacts from WindowsLive Mail
Windows Live Mail Migrator is a one-of-a-kind tool that provides the most safe and efficient way to export Windows Live Mail contacts. It allows you to extract contacts not just into CSV but also into various other platforms. You may use this software to export contacts to offline files, email files, and cloud servers. If you believe that keeping contacts on cloud servers is more secure and accessible, you can export contacts to several IMAP compatible accounts. To understand how the tool works, you must follow the steps outlined below.
Detailed Guide for Retrieving Windows Live Mail Contacts
- Please click the download button above to download the Windows Live Mail contacts extractor to your computer. You must then install and launch it in order to export contacts from Windows Live Mail.
- Once the software has started, select manually the Windows Live mail setup Account or folders under the Open tab.
- Before going on to the next step, you can review the data once it has all been input into the application.
- Pick the Phone numbers option from the drop-down menu after selecting the Extract item in the navigation bar.
- By choosing the explore option, you may choose the place you wish for keeping your contacts. Then, click the Save.
So, that’s how you may extract contacts from Windows Live Mail account using the automated approach. Now, there is a bonus of the tool, you can’t just save your contacts to local drive but also to many option as you can see from the export tab.
Why Must You Select An Automated Method?
As previously said, the automated technique is a one-stop shop. As a result, you should be aware that it may export Windows Live Mail contacts not only to a local disc but also to a variety of document and online services. Aside from contacts, it can also export email addresses and attachments from a Windows Live Mail account. Complete folders may also be exported from Windows Live Mail to MBOX, PST, PDF, and other platforms. You can see that one tool has a lot of benefits. You should give it a go by downloading the free version.
Discover Some WLM Contacts Extractor Advantages
- It comes with one of the basic GUIs so any user can use it without any hassle.
- Allows you to export contacts from Windows Live Mail in bulk.
- Allows you to select the preferred location to keep your resulting WLM contacts.
- Compatible with Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and any lower version of Windows.
- Export WLM contacts to cloud servers like Gmail, Office 365 and IMAP servers.
- You may have the preview features to check all contacts before extracting.
- You can use the search bar to find a specific property across all your WLM data.
You may now export contacts from Windows Live Mail manually or automatically. While the manual method allows you to extract contacts in CSV, the automated method provides you with other saving options. You may also use an automatic way to export all of your data from Windows Live Mail to other email clients like as Outlook, Thunderbird, Windows 10 Mail, and others. You may also export folders from Windows Live Mail to another machine. As a result, you must give the strategy a go in order to reap all of its benefits.