How to Open OST File without Exchange Server 2019, 2016, 2013 ?
Summary: In this blog post, I will discuss about how we can open OST file in Outlook without Exchange Server. Therefore, before going on procedure, let’s check out the reasons why you cannot open OST file without Exchange Server.
So another day passed, I received a similar message from many readers who wanted to know how to open OST file without Exchange server. So here it is!
Instant Solution: The best solution to open .ost file without an Exchange server is the conversion of file format using 4n6 OST File Viewer. It can be access OST file data elsewhere without Exchange server environment. As PST file is readable with all editions of MS Outlook, it does not need additional servers or applications.
Free Demo : Download the free demo edition and explore its functional aspects. It allows users to convert 10 OST items to different formats. Once you’re satisfied, you can purchase a full version and continue bulk import OST files on different platforms, as offered by the software.
What Calls to Open OST File Without Exchange Server ?
- At times, users may want to view an orphaned .ost file that has been shared by someone else without installing Outlook / Exchange Server.
- For a Forensic examiner, it is necessary to export the OST file to PDF format to protect the evidence collected.
- Sometimes the investigator must efficiently analyze the email headers of the OST file.
Now let’s go through the procedures
How to Open OST File without Exchange Server ?
- Firstly, download software on the system and launch it to open OST file without Exchange Server.
- Now, click the Open tab and then click on Choose File from a Folder option in order to browse and upload OST files into the tool.
- Browse all the OST files that you want to open and upload them into the tool.
- Once all the OST files are visible into the tool you may view them in Normal Mail View, Hex View, Message Header View.
By following these simple steps, users can easily open OST file in Outlook without Exchange Server or without losing a single bit of information.
Watch the video to learn the easy tutorial:
Why You Should Trust 4n6 Software for OST ?
4n6 Converter for OST is professional software that provides an preview of everything in your mailbox before conversion, so you can check the results of the software.
Let’s look at other reasons that suggest why you should trust the software:
- Offers free conversion from OST file up to 10 emails per file.
- The application provides option to Search inside the OST file.
- Convert an inaccessible or orphaned OST to extract mailbox information as an importable PST file.
- Transfer large OST files elements without any size restrictions.
- The technical version of the software allows you to convert unlimited OST files into different formats.
Why You Cannot Open OST File Without Exchange Account ?
Exchange offline folder (.ost) files may be inaccessible or lost for two main reasons:
- Unavailable Storage: If the media containing the Exchange Server databases fails, or if it contains bad sectors, this may render the database inaccessible and your OST file is lost.
- Also, power Failure or Off Abrupt Server: A sudden power outage or shutdown of Exchange server while accessing the database can damage your database. This can create orphaned OST files.
- Failure & Controller Card: A cache controller failure or malfunction in Exchange Server can cause loss of cached data and corruption of database, which leads to orphaned OST file.
- Accidental Removal: Accidentally deleting a mailbox on the Exchange server on, which the .ost file was created may result in lost .ost file.
- Virus or Malware Attack: Viruses or malware can damage the Exchange Server database and render it unusable. Eventually, this makes the .ost file inaccessible and orphaned.
OST files (or Offline Storage Table allow you to access your mailbox data offline. However, you may have problems accessing OST files in the event of an Exchange server failure, accidental deletion of an Exchange mailbox, permanently disconnected connection between Microsoft Outlook and the Exchange server, etc.
In order to open the elements of OST file, you must convert OST file into PST.
You may have considered using the available manual methods, such as Import / Export, Archiving, etc., but these methods cannot work if the connection to Exchange server is unavailable. However, using 4n6 Converter for OST can help you access the OST file or some specific items even without Exchange account. So, download now and freely open OST file without Exchange Server.