How to Export Zimbra Contacts to vCard (.vcf) Format in Bulk ?
vCard, the file format mainly used to store contacts, and the reason is simple, these files are easy to manage, easy to share, and can also contain a large number of contacts and their related information. So, if you chose it to store your Zimbra contacts, this decision can be very beneficial. So you may need our little help to export Zimbra contacts to vCard, and we have been waiting for you to help.
There are particularly two methods to export contacts from Zimbra to vCard. We would like to offer them individually. The first method is the manual method, where you can use the Zimbra account to export the contacts. First, you take a look and then we will tell you something about it.
Read This Also: Best Solution to Convert CSV Contacts to VCF
Manual Method to Export Zimbra Contacts to vCard File Format
- Firstly, open your Zimbra client
- Now, click on “Preference” option on the top panel
- From the left panel of preference option Window click Import / Export
- Now click on Export Option
- Select Contacts folders for Exporting
- Choose CSV (Comma separated Values) as saving option
- Browse the location to and click the Save button
Your contacts will now be exported to CSV format. Well, we’re not done yet. Now let’s convert this CSV into vCard.
Process of Converting CSV Format to .vcf File Format
- First, press the Window key and the R key together to open the Windows Contact Assistant
- Now, Enter web and then click OK
- Click on Import on the top of the panel
- Select CSV (Comma Separated Values) and click Import
- Browse the files to import and Click Ok
- Once all the CSV files are imported click Export option
- Select vCard (folders or .vcf files: Click Export button
- Select the location for your resulting files and click OK
So, your Zimbra contacts have finally exported to vCard files.
Now we have a question for you. What do you think of this process, isn’t it lengthy or complicated? Well, if you think the same way and are looking for a more convenient way to export Zimbra contacts to vCard, we have a better option for you. First you look at it and decide for yourself which way to go.
A Convenient Method to Export Contacts from Zimbra to vCard
4n6 Zimbra Converter Software is the application that makes this task one of the easiest for you. Unlike the manual method, you don’t need to export your data to CSV first. No, it doesn’t work like that; you can use this tool to directly export Zimbra contacts to vCard. Check out the process for yourself.
Automated Process for Exporting Contacts from Zimbra to VCF
- Firstly, Download Zimbra contacts Migrator on your Windows machine.
- Now you need to install the Program by accepting to the agreement, and once the installation is complete, launch it. Then click on Open button.
- Then click on Choose Folders / Choose Files option to load Zimbra mailboxes data.
- You will then see that the mailboxes from the Zimbra account’ you selected have been loaded to app. Here, if needed you can preview Zimbra Contacts.
- Click on the Export tab and then click on vCard from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Browse button to select the destination path for the resulting file and then finally click the Save
Your selected contact folders from the Zimbra account will now be exported to vCard in a few moments. Once all of the data has been exported, you can access it from the location you browsed. Your task is now complete.
What do you think of this process? Isn’t it small and contains a few steps? Well, this app is all about your convenience. But that’s not it, we have more to offer. Before using this tool, you need to know a little more about it. To that end, we’d like to offer you some features, check them out and see what they can do.
Some Primary Features of Zimbra Contacts Migrator
1. Select Configured Account: This application allows you to select the entire account when configured with Zimbra. This application is automated and can easily recognize the accounts and upload all the data at once.
2. Export Selected Data: All account folders will be uploaded when you select the configured account, but your contacts may only be in one or two specific folders. Therefore, you can freely choose the contact folder. You can uncheck unneeded folders with a single click.
3. Manually Select Data: This application is also helpful for those who are not configured with the Zimbra account but still want to export contacts. You can also manually select the Zimbra files and folders from the device. Well, this app is perfect for all sorts of situations.
4. Export Data in Bulk: This application allows you to export Zimbra contacts to vCard in bulk. This app is designed to migrate the large amounts of data so the user only has to go through the process once. It doesn’t matter how many contacts you have, just migrate them all at once.
5. Contacts Preview: One of the best things about this app is that you can also preview your contacts. Well, before you export Zimbra contacts to vCard, you can check what information your contacts contain and whether they need to be exported separately or with all contacts.
Well, these features are just meant to give you an idea of the capabilities of the tool. However, we must say; you are going to get a lot of surprises when you run the tool, so good luck.
vCard is really perfect when it comes to storing tons of contacts in a single file, hence you must use it to store your Zimbra contacts. And the Zimbra contacts exporter is perfect for that. It is easy to use and has many features that will make your trip more convenient. So, if you want to export Zimbra contacts to vCard in a more convenient way, you must definitely try this app.