How to Save Office 365 to External Hard Drive with All Properties?
Summary: In this post, learn how to save Office 365 to External hard drive in the easiest steps.
If you work with O365 email and the documents that come with it, you’re probably aware of the importance of the data your emails and documents contain. We know that no one wants to risk losing their essential data. Also, when discussing O365, we refer to a web-based email service. Despite the fact that using cloud services offers many benefits and advantages, there are still some drawbacks associated with it.
Therefore, IT professionals generally recommend making copies of important emails, so that if you lose your data, you can retrieve it. It is also possible for you to access your data when you are not connected to the internet, should it become necessary.
So, in the following content, we are going to present you with the most reliable methods which can help you a lot to save Office 365 to External Hard Drive.
Best Way to Save O365 Emails to External Hard Drive
Today we will tell you 5 such tricks to save Office 365 to External Hard Drive, with the help of which you will be able to complete your task very easily. The first and second tricks will require an Outlook application, with the help of which you will export O365 mailbox in PST format in the first trick. And in the second trick, you are given 3-4 different formats to save, but in this trick, you do not get the option to save complete mailbox data together, in this you have to save one email each. After saving the data in both of these tricks, you can copy and paste it to the external hard drive.
If you do not have the Outlook application, you can also save your data directly from Office 365 webmail, for which we have provided the solution in the third and fourth tricks. But in both these tricks also you can save only data in EML and PDF format and in this, you can save only one email file at a time. Till now all the tricks we have told you have some limitations, but there is no limit to the fifth trick which we will tell you. It is an automated software using which you can save entire mailbox data at once directly to external hard drive. Let us now know the solution of all these methods one by one and how it works.
[Method 1] Using MS Outlook Application to Save Office 365 to External Hard Drive
In this method to save O365 emails to External hard drive, we will tell you about two tricks. But before using these two tricks, you need to configure your Office 365 account in the Outlook email client application. Let us first know how the account will be configured, then we will go to our trick 1 and trick 2.
Configure O365 Account in Outlook Application
- Open the Control Panel, then choose Mail.
- In the Mailbox, choose the Setup Email Accounts option.
- Choose New Account from the E-mail option.
- Select Manual setup or another server type in the Add Account dialogue box before pressing the Next button.
- Then pick Office 365.
- Click Next after entering your Office 365 login credentials.
- Your Office 365 login credentials must be entered in the Autodiscover.xml login box after your Office 365 account has been validated. Then click Next.
- If everything goes according to plan, a notification window with congratulations messages will appear.
Note: Now the Office 365 account is successfully configured in the Outlook application. Now let us know the complete process of how to use trick 1 and trick 2.
Trick 1: Using Save in PST Option
- Open the desktop version of MS Outlook, then select File.
- Under the Open & Export button, select Import/Export.
- Hit the Next button after choosing the Outlook Data File (.pst) option.
- Select the necessary folders using the checkbox, then click Next.
- Choose the destination path, then type the file’s name and press Finish.
- Obtain save O365 data from a chosen place lastly.
Trick 2: Using Save As Option to Save Multiple Formats
- Firstly Launch the Outlook desktop application.
- Select the email you wish to save on an external hard drive after that by clicking the File option in the navigation bar.
- Click the Save As button now.
- Select the location where you want the output data to go, and then type the file name there.
- Finally, choose the format you want the output data to be in before clicking the Save button.
Limitations of Method 1 [Trick 1 + Trick 2]
- Any Outlook version should be installed on your computer.
- This first approach to save Office 365 to External Hard Drive only supports PST files.
- Users will only save particular emails in particular formats if you select trick 2.
- Users need to be familiar with the Outlook application’s user interface and customize settings.
- There is no guarantee of data security using this procedure. Data loss or corruption is a constant risk when employing such manual approaches.
Method 2: Using O365 Webmail to Save Office 365 to External Hard Drive
In this method, we know how to save your O365 data to External hard drive using Office 365 webmail. But before starting, let us tell you one thing with the help of the solution we will tell you in Trick 3 and Trick 4 in this method, you can save only one email data in one process.
Trick 3: Use the Download Option to Save it in EML Format
- Open Office 365 on your web browser first, then sign in to your account.
- Then, choose O365 and all of your emails will appear.
- Next, choose the email you wish to save, and then select the 3-dot symbol.
- Finally, choose “Download.” Your emails will now be downloaded in EML format.
Trick 4: Use the Print Option to Save it in PDF Format
- To access Office 365, enter your User or Admin O365 credentials.
- Select the email from the Office 365 menu to open it in O365.
- Choose Print from the drop-down menu by clicking the three-dot icon.
- Next, click the Print button a second time in the Next window.
- Select Save as PDF under the Destination menu.
- Navigate to the folder where you want to save your email after selecting Save.
- To successfully save O365 emails, click Save now.
- For each email, repeat the process.
Limitations of Method 2 [Trick 3+Trick 4]
Before using these techniques, be aware of all the conditions and restrictions:
- The second way only allows you to save it as a PDF file extension, whereas the first technique only allows you to save it in EML format.
- Your critical data may be altered or deleted unexpectedly when Office 365 is saved to an external hard disc.
- This is a simple way to get free Office 365 email downloads piecemeal. It is thus useless for users who wish to save all of their O365 emails on external hard drive at once.
- It takes a lot of time and effort to reach the final limits of the first and second movements.
Trick 5: Save O365 Emails to External Hard Drive Using Professional Solution
To securely save all of your Office 365 account data to an external hard drive, it is recommended to download and use the 4n6 Office 365 Backup Tool for Windows. The application allows you to bulk save Office 365 to External Hard Drive. With this app, easily save O365 email, contacts, calendars, tasks, and other important data without limits on the hard drive.
This software also makes sure that whenever you save your email from O365 (Microsoft 365) to an external hard drive all your attributes are preserved. No changes will be made to the data in your Office 365 account in its original formatting, and none of these changes will be made.
In addition, saving data from Office 365 does not require much time investment. To accomplish this, you will need to follow some of the most basic procedures to save email from Office 365 to an external hard drive. So, let’s start by finding out how the app works, shall we?
Steps to Save O365 Data to External Hard Drive Using 4n6 Software
- First, download the application on your Windows machine to begin the process.
- After downloading, run it and choose Open button. From the given list, choose Add Account option.
- Enter the credentials of your Office 365 account data and IMAP Server details. Then, click on Add button.
- The application quickly starts analyzing and loading the data of your Office 365 account. Once all the folders are loaded on the left panel, click on the mailboxes and preview all your data.
- Now, go to the Export tab and choose any saving option as per your choice.
- Check all the required folders and then select the destination path after connecting the external hard drive to the system by clicking on the browse button and finally clicking the Save button to begin the process.
- The application starts saving your Office 365 account data to External Hard Drive. This process will take only some moments.
Note: Before performing this procedure, connect an external hard drive to your system. And then when the option to select the destination path comes, you can directly select the external hard drive in your system by clicking on the browse button and save Office 365 to External Hard Drive.
Learn About the Most Incredible Features Offered by The Software
- It is a reliable, quick, and safest app to save Office 365 to External Hard Drive without facing issues.
- The tool successfully supports saving O365 emails to popular savings like PST, PDF, MBOX, Gmail, G Suite, Thunderbird, Zoho Mail, Outlook.com, and more.
- Using this app, one can save Office 365 emails, contacts, attachments, and other properties to external Hard Drive.
- Also, the app provides a preview of Office 365 messages, raw messages, hex values, and email headers.
- With this application, it is possible to save Office 365 to External Hard Drive with headers.
- During the saving process, this amazing utility maintains all the email properties and provides accurate results.
- Also, the app allows users multiple file naming convention options to rename files as per need.
- You can download and run this software on all the latest and earlier edition of Windows.
It is the most trusted and reliable program available to save Office 365 to External Hard Drive without facing any issues. We guarantee that our solution will give you results that are one hundred percent correct without changing any data in any way. So, start using the application to save your important Microsoft Office 365 account data to an external hard drive.
In the above informative post, we have explained how to save Office 365 to External Hard Drive in the most secure way. Here, we have described 5 tricks to download Microsoft 365 emails and other data without any hassle, from which you can choose as per your requirement. The four tricks to start are manual and the last one is the automatic solution. The expert opinion also says that you should use an automated solution.
Next Similar Article Read;