How to Remove Hidden Data from Excel Files and Stay Anonymous?
Note: Read the instructions on how to remove hidden data from Excel files in this blog.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Let’s begin by mentioning some user questions that were taken from forum sites:
- How to remove hidden data from my multiple Excel spreadsheet files in bulk?
- Is it possible to remove metadata from Excel files without impacting other data?
- How do I get rid of all the hidden data from my Excel spreadsheet on Windows 11 machine?
- What is the best method for completely erasing hidden data from particular Excel files?
There are numerous queries like these on the internet from users looking for a way to scrub metadata from Excel files. Likewise, yesterday, one of our customers made this request. As a result, we made the decision to track this topic in this blog in order to assist all users. So, if you are one of them who needs a reliable solution to remove hidden properties in Excel, keep reading the post.
Remove Hidden Data from Excel with Powerful Application
We have developed 4n6 MetaRaser Software for users who need to remove all hidden data from Excel files. With a few mouse clicks, the application has the power to instantly delete all metadata from Excel files. The tool to remove meta properties from Excel spreadsheet is not subject to any file size restrictions.
The straightforward graphical user interface of this application is another of its best features. This solution can be used without any problems by both technical and non-technical users. This app allows you to select one or more Excel files and remove any hidden data from them.
Additionally, the program keeps all of the other data in your Excel files. Only the metadata removed. We will now describe the working process of this application.
How Excel Hidden Data Scrubber Software Works?
1. Download Excel Metadata Removal software on your Windows machine.
Read Me First: The application launches in the freeware version. So, to test the functionality and features without spending any money, use the free edition. You can also use it to delete metadata one Excel spreadsheet at a time. To be sure, it is advised to use the freeware first.
2. Now, run the software, choose Excel Files option and click on Choose Files or Choose Folders option to browse your Excel files, then click Next.
3. This application will instantly load all your selected Excel files on the left panel. Click on the loaded files and preview them.
4. Now, click on Actions option and choose Clear Metadata.
5. Select the location where you want to save the final Excel files, then click Save.
The program will begin immediately deleting hidden data from Excel files. It won’t take long for this process to finish. So, kindly wait until the procedure is finished.
Remove Hidden Data from Other Files
The program is not just compatible with Excel files. However, it is a universal tool that works with all file types. You can remove metadata from PDF files, Word Files – DOC, DOCX, DOT, DOCM, DOTX, RTF, ODT, OTT JPEG, JPG, TIFF, PPT, PPTX, PPSX, PPTM, PPSM, POTX, PPS, JPG, PNG, TIFF and many more.
Have A Look At Some Advance Features of the Excel Metadata Scrubber
- 100% Tested and Simple: This application is free from any type of risk. Also, any type of users can use this tool to remove hidden data from Excel spreadsheet due to its simple user interface.
- Remove Hidden Files in Bulk: Using this application, it is possible to scrub metadata from multiple Excel files at once. This feature can save your precious time and efforts.
- Erase Meta from Selected Files: If you are one of them who needs to scrub metadata from Excel files selectively, it is possible. You can check the files you need to remove hidden data from.
- No File Size Limitation: With this Excel Metadata removal tool, it is possible to erase data from unlimited files. Also, it doesn’t require install of supportive application or program to get this task done.
- Choose Required Location: You can choose the required destination path where you need to save the resultant output. You can save time and effort by using this function of the Excel Hidden Files Scrubber tool to access output.
- Completely Windows Based: This Excel Metadata Eraser is compatible with all the latest and earlier Windows version to remove hidden properties in Excel. You can run it on Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, and more.
These are just a few of Excel Hidden Data Scrubber Tool’s features. Use the app and you will get lots of features to remove metadata from Excel files.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Ques 1. How to remove metadata from Excel files manually?
Ans 1. Follow the step by step process to remove hidden properties in Excel:
- Step 1. Open your Microsoft Excel program and open the Excel file.
- Step 2. In the Ribbon’s upper-left corner, click the File menu.
- Step 3. Click the button labeled “Check for Issues.”
- Step 4. From the drop-down list, click the Inspect Document.
- Step 5. Choose the Inspect from the menu.
- Step 6. Check the boxes next to Personal Information and Document Properties.
- Step 7. Select “Remove All” from the menu.
- Step 8. Press the Close key.
- Step 9. Download the file.
Ques 2. How can I use this application without purchasing it?
Ans 2. You can use the free demo version of this software to test the working and features. The freeware edition also allows you to remove hidden data from some Excel files.
Ques 3. Can I use this Excel Metadata Remover Tool on my Windows 11 machine?
Ans 3. Yes, this application is compatible with all the versions of Windows including 11 to scrub metadata from Excel.
Hope you found the information helpful. The software suggested in the blog is helpful to remove data from multiple or selected Excel files. This application will not affect the other information of your Excel files. Additionally, the app is 100 percent secure to scrub metadata from Excel. With just a few simple clicks, this software will provide accurate results, we guarantee it.
If you need any suggestions of help, kindly contact us anytime.