Guide to Remove Metadata from Word Document Files Protect the Privacy
Summary: You will discover the most incredible technique to remove metadata from Word Document files in this post. If you are reading this blog, you most likely have this task on your mind. So, continue reading the post and scrub metadata from Word documents in easy steps.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Word file metadata is information that is kept in a Microsoft Word file and describes the actual file. It contains details like the document’s author, title, creation and modification dates, as well as the name of the most recent user to make changes. It may also contain details about the language, number of characters, number of pages, and program used to create the document, among other things. In essence, all of the sensitive information is contained in the metadata.
We’ve seen online searches from people looking for a way to get rid of the metadata in Word documents. Every user has slightly different needs.
Hello, I have thousands of Word document files from which I need to remove metadata in bulk at once. Is there any solution available? Read More
There are numerous queries with different requirements like the above one. So, in this article we will provide you with the most amazing solutions to complete this task.
How to Remove Metadata from Word Documents?
Lots of solutions are available online to complete this task. However, the majority of them don’t support bulk removal or other things. Therefore, we have developed a complete solution namely 4n6 MetaRaser Software for Windows. It is a complete solution that successfully supports to remove complete Metadata properties from Word documents. The software provides multiple advance features. With this app, it is possible to remove metadata from Word documents in bulk or selectively.
It is incredibly easy for technical and even non-technical users to use the app because of its straightforward user interface. To remove metadata from Word documents, you only need to follow a few simple steps.
Clean Metadata from Word Files in Simple Steps
1. Firstly, download Word metadata scrubber software on your Windows computer.
Reminder: It is advised to start with the freeware version. You can test the entire functionality and features using the free demo without having to make any financial commitments. additionally enables you to instantly delete metadata from a single file. Once you’re satisfied with the app, buy the licensed version to remove meta from unlimited files.
2. Now, install and run the application and click on Open button and choose Document Files.
3. Click on Choose Files or Choose Folders option to load your files.
3. Preview your Word documents before removing Metadata.
4. Click on Actions option and choose Clear Metadata from it.
5. Choose the required location and click on Save button to begin the procedure.
The program begins removing Word documents’ metadata. It won’t take long for this process. Hold off until the procedure is finished.
This is how one can easily remove metadata from Word document files. Now, lets understand why it is crucial?
People Also Ask
Ques 1. Why It Is Important to Remove Metadata Information from Word Documents?
Ans 1. Metadata in Word files should be removed because it contains sensitive data about the author, title, creation and modification dates, as well as the last user to edit the document. Malicious actors may use this information to target particular people or obtain access to confidential information. Documents’ metadata can be removed to help safeguard against these dangers.
Ques 2. How to manually clean metadata from Word file?
Ans 2. Follow the steps to clear metadata from Word documents:
- Step 1. Open your Microsoft Word and open Word document.
- Step 2. At the document’s top, choose the File menu.
- Step 3. From the left-hand menu, choose the File Info.
- Step 4. From the drop-down list, click the Check for Issues button and choose Inspect Document.
- Step 5. Decide whatever document properties you want to delete by reading through the list that appears.
- Step 6. From the list, choose the document properties you want to delete.
- Step 7. At the bottom of the window, click the Remove Properties and Personal Information option.
- Step 8. In the dialog box that displays, choose the All Properties and Personal Information option.
- Step 9. To erase the chosen document properties, click the OK button.
- Step 10. To save the changes, save the document.
Ques 3. Is it possible to remove hidden data from Word documents in bulk with this competitive app?
Ans 3. Yes, the application successfully supports to strip metadata from Word files in bulk at once.
What Functions Does This Valuable Word Metadata Removal Software Offer?
- With 4n6 Word Metadata removal tool, one can easily remove meta from unlimited files at once.
- You can easily erase metadata properties from Word documents selectively as per your requirements.
- Also, the application allows you to choose the required location where you need to save the resultant output.
- There is no need to install supportive application to remove metadata from Word documents.
- Also, the Word Metadata Scrubber program has been thoroughly tested and is safe to use.
- Offers a 100% guarantee that all metadata will be completely removed from your Word documents.
- This Word File Meta Scrubber software protect your privacy and don’t leave any digital traces
We have discussed how to remove metadata from Word document files in the content above. Here, we have offered you the most effective and reliable solution we have for finishing this task. Download the app if you’re one of those people who needs to delete metadata from all of your word documents. This application will give you precise results.