How to Export Ubuntu Mailbox to PST? Expert Solution
Do you wish to be able to read and analyze MBOX files from Ubuntu mail on a Windows computer by using Microsoft Office Outlook? There isn’t anything to be concerned about! The steps in this blog article will guide you through the process to export Ubuntu Mailbox to PST files in the most detailed manner.
Maildir and MBOX files are well-known to Ubuntu users. Because they are the two most common mailbox types used by most Ubuntu email clients, this may be a contributing factor. When it comes to moving Ubuntu MBOX files to a Windows or Mac machine for usage in Outlook, familiarity might be a hindrance for users.
Windows comes pre-installed with Microsoft Outlook as its default email client. In addition, Mac users have a positive opinion of it. Outlook is the most used email client for desktop and laptop computers. As a result, most users who migrate from Ubuntu to another operating system end up needing to access their Ubuntu inbox in Outlook.
“Is there a way to import MBOX files from Ubuntu to Outlook on Windows? I’m struggling with this. If there is a native method to do this, I’m not aware of it. I’m sure there are others who have had similar difficulties. So, if possible, please offer a means to export Ubuntu Mailbox to PST file for use with Microsoft Outlook. In gratitude, I’d want to thank you.”
Best Way to Convert Ubuntu to PST File Format
There is a problem with the absence of native methods for converting Ubuntu emails to PST for users. The manual solutions, such as IMAP and freeways, are also unsuccessful due to the mismatch between Ubuntu Mailbox and Outlook PST. When using a Windows computer to export Ubuntu Emails to PST, one must use a two-step process.
- Phase 1: Extract Ubuntu Mailbox from MBOX Format
- Phase 2: Convert Extracted Files into PST Format
- (Optional) Phase 3: Import Resultant Files into Outlook Account
The optional third process allows you to open the Ubuntu file in Outlook once you’ve completed the previous two stages and have the necessary PST files. If you don’t need to do it, you may skip it.
Read More Related Blogs: Know How to Convert GyazMail to PST File Format With Complete Emails
Phase 1: Extract Ubuntu Mailbox in MBOX Format
It is necessary to prepare the mailboxes that will be imported into Outlook prior to conversion. That is, the user must copy the MBOX files from Ubuntu and move them to the Windows platform using any available storage medium.
To begin, find the MBOX files on your Ubuntu system and transfer them to the operating system where you wish to read the file. To transport the files, you may utilize storage media.
Phase 2: Using the Professional Tool to Export Ubuntu to PST File
Export Ubuntu Mailbox to PST files format using 4n6 MBOX File Converter Wizard. The software is a tried-and-true method for exporting Ubuntu mailbox files with ease. It’s an easy-to-use application that can produce individual PST files for each mailbox file or aggregate all Unbuntu mailboxes into a single PST file. It is fully reliant on the needs of the user.
How to Use Ubuntu to PST Converter Software?
1. Download Ubuntu to PST Converter software and launch it on your windows platform
2. After installing and opening the software, click on the Open tab on the software panel and then select the Email Data file option in the drop-down menu
3. Thereafter, choose the MBOX option and then upload the .mbox files to the software panel
4. After uploading the MBOX files you can preview your mbox files in the different four modes
5. Click on the Export option and choose the PST file option in the drop-down menu
6. Finally, choose the destination path according to your choice and then hit the Save button.
Users in general want to access their Ubuntu mailboxes in Outlook after converting them to PST. As a result, similar measures have been incorporated in the following phase.
Phase 3: Converting Resultant Files into Outlook Account
- Go to the Open and Export option in Outlook.
- Select Import/Export from the drop-down menu.
- Click Next after selecting Import from another application or file.
- After choosing the Outlook data file (.pst), press the Next button.
- From your Windows PC, look through the converted PST files.
- Choose the Outlook folder where you want the converted Ubuntu mailbox to be imported.
- Finish by pressing the Finish button.
Read More Useful Links: How to Convert Sylpheed to Outlook PST File Format With Complete Data
Best Feature of Ubuntu to PST Converter Software
- Ubuntu to PST Converter is a highly efficient tool that converts emails into a variety of file formats.
- The software is easy to use and very fast to export Ubuntu Mailbox to PST.
- It offers two conversion modes, Chooses File and Chooses Folder.
- With this software, you can recover any number of deleted emails and also recover email items like calendars, contacts, tasks, journals, notes, drafts, etc.
- It doesn’t need the usage of any additional software.
- Using it does not need any expertise in computer science or programming.
- It is compatible with the operating systems Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10/11.
The user may need to export Ubuntu Mailbox to PST on occasion. It’s impossible to depend on half-baked approaches in this situation since they’re riddled with problems. As a result, we’ve created a step-by-step guide for converting Ubuntu mailboxes to PST. It will undoubtedly assist you in using Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and 2003 to view Ubuntu files (MBOX).