Could Not Import Some Contacts iCloud Error – Find Out the Solution
I am unable to import VCF into iCloud, when I am trying to import them, I am receiving an error message like Could Not Import Some Contacts iCloud.
I have thousands of VCF (Virtual Contact Format) files on my pc. I have exported these *.vcf file extension contacts from several email programs and digital devices. After that, I was trying to import all *.vcf contacts then I got an error message i.e., 418 contacts could not be imported because there was a problem reading the vCard. Experts, please check the error screenshot and provide me with a simple and reliable solution.
– James Thomas, USA
Expert Suggestion on Unable to Import vCard to iCloud
Hi James Thomas, please don’t worry about your problem as you have discussed above. Here 4n6 Software support team is available to resolve all errors like Could Not Import Some Contacts iCloud or Unable to Import VCF into iCloud.
In this blog post, you will get the complete step-by-step process for solving “Could Not Import Some Contacts iCloud”. But before that, first know some reasons behind the problem.
Read Also – How to Export Zimbra Contacts to CSV Format?
Can’t Import vCard to iCloud – Know the Reason
If you are using vCard 2.1 or previous editions then this is the main reason for occurring the problem. Some desktop-based email clients, cloud-based services, and digital devices export vCard contacts in 2.1 VCF files but these contacts are not compatible with iCloud. You need to use the above 2.1 editions of vCard i.e., 3.0 or 4.0 if you want to import vCard to iCloud without showing any error message. iCloud is fully compatible with vCard 3.0 and 4.0 latest editions.
Upgrade vCard 2.1 to 3.0 or 4.0 Using the Manual Method
Manual Method #1
- Open a blank Word Pad, TextPad, or Text Editor program.
- Drag and drop all vCard files into a blank Word Pad.
- Thereafter, open “Replace Window” using (Ctrl + H).
- Enter details like Find What – (VERSION:2.1).
- Replace (VERSION:2.1) with (VERSION:3.0) / (VERSION:4.0).
- After that, choose “All Documents” under “Scope” and click Replace All.
Manual Method #2
- log in to your Google Mail account (Gmail or Google Workspace).
- Hit on the Google Mail icon and choose the Contacts option.
- Now you will see All Contacts, click on the More option.
- Select the Import option from contacts.
- Select CSV or vCard file option from the opened pop-up.
- Go to the old contacts option and press the More button.
- Choose an export option and after that choose vCard.
- Thereafter, click on the Export button to continue.
- vCard version changed successfully from 2.1 to 3.0.
Some Drawbacks of Manual Methods
- Time-consuming and lengthy method.
- require much technical knowledge.
- There is no guarantee of success.
- Limited functionality to change vCard version.
Could Not Import Some Contacts iCloud – Reliable Solution
1 – Merge & Create Latest vCard
1. First of all, download and install the 4n6 vCard Converter on your computer. Using this mentioned product, all vCard-related queries will be solved successfully.
2. Launch the software on your pc and select the Open option from the software GUI. After that, Choose a folder having multiple *.vcf files or Choose a vCard file having multiple contacts in it and preview them into the software panel.
3. Now you can preview complete vCard files and information in the software’s inbuilt viewer.
4. Hit on the Export button from the software interface and choose vCard as a saving option.
5. Thereafter, enable the “Generate single VCF for all contacts” option and choose the vCard version as 4.0. Press the Save button to start the conversion process.
6. Task completed successfully, now you can see the message of completion. Open the destination path and get the converted vCard file.
2 – Import vCard to iCloud
1. Log in to your iCloud account and choose the Contacts option as shown in the respective screenshots.
2. Click on the Settings icon that is available at the bottom. After that, click on the Import vCard option.
3. At last, browse the latest output vCard contact file from your pc and press the Open button. Now your data will be imported into iCloud.
Benefits of Using Pro Technique
- 100% valid and full-proof solution for resolving “cloud not import some contacts iCloud” related problems.
- Easy to use a technique that can be easily followed by both home and professional users.
- 24×7 technical support available for solving all your doubts if you are unable to import VCF into iCloud.
- Using the mentioned toolkit, all vCard-related queries will be solved because it can replace the vCard file with another file.
- The tool comes with a free demo version so that users can check its working process before upgrading to the professional edition.
Now query “could not import some contacts iCloud” has been solved. After reading this complete article, if someone is unable to import vCard to iCloud then he can proudly follow the above-mentioned techniques. Being a tech company, previously we have suggested these tricks for our many clients and they got 100% satisfaction.