How to Convert PNG File to WEBP Image Format?
PNG file is the most popular image format in the world. It is a lossy compression format, which means that it reduces the file size by removing data in order to reduce the file size. This makes it very suitable for images that require smaller file sizes. However, the problem with this format is that it cannot easily use in web browsers. The main reason for this is that the web browser does not support the conversion of PNG files into WEBP format. This is where we come in We have created an offline tool that will convert PNG file to WEBP format.
The WEBP format is a lossless image format that is similar to the PNG format. The WEBP format can use as a replacement for the PNG format, and it’s an ideal format for low-resolution images.
Comparison Between PNG and WEBP Image Files
Now that we have a fundamental understanding of WebP, let’s compare it to some of the other widely used picture formats that are presently accessible.
Other than WebP, PNG is most likely the most useful picture format available today. Transparency is an essential component of web design support by PNG. With the use of transparency, you can organise your website’s photos so that they don’t clash with one another while still maintaining a unified design aesthetic.
In addition, WebP allows transparency, which makes it a standout picture for web designers who want the creative flexibility that transparency affords.
Basically, WebP has the advantages over PNG listed below:-
- Compared to PNG, WebP delivers file sizes that are 26% less while maintaining transparency and the same level of quality.
- Due to the smaller file size, WebP loads quicker than PNG pictures.
That last element is crucial. Due to the way WebP is set up, it will only ever load the picture with the least file size. Therefore, your PNG picture would load in place of the WebP image if it were less in file size than the WebP file (unlikely). Or, more likely, Chrome users would see your WebP picture load while Safari users would see your PNG image load. If you used WebP, users of Chrome and Opera would be able to access your website more quickly than those of Safari and Firefox.
Best Way to Change PNG to WEBP File Format
4n6 PNG File Converter software is the best software to convert PNG file to WEBP as this software takes great care of your files while converting so that your data is not lost. If you are looking for a manual solution to perform this conversion then you will not find any manual solution because there is no manual solution for this. For this, you need to turn to an automated solution that will help you batch convert PNG file to WebP format. If you are confused after researching the internet on whether to use online software or else 4n6 PNG to WEBP Converter, we solve your confusion. You should use 4n6 offline software because while converting to online software your data is saved on their server and offline software your data remains with you so you should use offline image converter software.
Learn How to Use PNG to WEBP Converter with Screenshots
- Firstly, download PNG to WEBP converter software on your PC and install it on your windows platform
- After that, click on the open button in the top corner menu bar and then choose the PNG option in the drop-down menu and then upload it.
- Thereafter you can view your .png files on the right side of the software panel
- Eventually, hit the Export button in the menu bar and then select the PNG option in the drop-down menu
- Finally, choose the last destination path for the converted files and then hit the Save button, now your PNG files will be converted into WEBP format
Advance Features of PNG to WEBP Converter Software
- The application was developed in such a fashion that it produces a distinct file for each PNG picture. Batch conversion of 1000 PNG pictures into WEBP files will result in 1000 WEBP files being generated.
- The application makes it easier to convert several image files to WEBP format at once. This enables anybody to store PNG files in the limitless WEBP format.
- There are two choices for loading files after starting the PNG to WEBP program. With such a capability, you may easily upload one or more PNG files at once.
- The application preserves the original picture size, image colour, text, logos, animation, effects, etc. when for convert PNG file to WEBP format.
- The resulting WEBP files may by users on Windows systems in any place. The app saves it by default to the desktop.
We have described how to convert PNG file to WEBP format in this blog. The app has several helpful features and is simple to use. The finest part is that the tool’s free trial version allows consumers to assess its features. Later, please purchase the product’s licencing keys for unlimited conversion. Use the live chat feature to get in touch with our support staff for any software-related questions.