How to Convert Multiple BMP to PNG Image Format? Complete Method
Summary: Do you wish to convert a BMP file to a PNG file? Are you seeking for a solution that can convert several photographs at once without sacrificing quality? If so, this is the post for you. In this post, we’ve detailed the easiest way to batch convert multiple BMP to PNG and invite you to check it out. So, let’s start.
Bitmap (BMP) files are large and inefficient in many situations. PNG, on the other hand, not only has lossless compression but is also smaller in size than BMP. Furthermore, when compared to BMP, the PNG format has a controlled degree of transparency. Please read the differences between BMP and PNG that we have produced to help you comprehend both image formats.
Quick Steps to Convert Multiple BMP to PNG
- Download and start BMP to PNG converter.
- Add BMP images into the application pane.
- Click Export and select PNG from the options.
- Select location for output files and click Save.
BMP vs. PNG | Why Convert BMP to PNG
- For the same image or information, PNG files are smaller in size than BMP files. BMP files have large file sizes due of the way they manage individual pixels. PNG images automatically compress, allowing them to be smaller than BMP images while retaining the majority of their properties.
- PNG files are ideal for storing high-quality images that have been compressed. They can also store more detailed graphics than other types of images. As a result, most people now prefer PNG over older formats like Bitmap (BMP).
- Another advantage of PNG files over BMPs is that after compression and decompression, a picture can be restored to its original quality. PNG enables for further compression to reduce file size even further.
These are few superiorities of PNG over BMP files. Let’s now look at the possible ways to convert BMP image to PNG.
How to Convert BMP to PNG?
To convert multiple BMP to PNG image format, you will find two methods in this article, with the help of which you will be able to convert your image file very easily. The first way is manual, with the help of which you can convert small image file data. And another way is professional image converter software with the help of which you can convert BMP files to PNG in bulk.
Method 1: Using MS Paint
Microsoft Paint is a raster graphics editor that is easy to use. It may also use to transmit picture files, and it supports various image formats, including BMP, JPEG, GIF, PNG, and TIFF. And so forth. But, there is a drawback to this technique: you can only convert one picture at a time. If you have modest amounts of data, this solution is appropriate; however, if you have large amounts of data, this method will be ineffective, and you risk losing data and image quality.
A general approach for converting BMP to PNG with Microsoft Paint is provided below:
- Open Microsoft Paint on your computer. This software should have to create in Windows.
- Select a File from the directories that you want to convert from BMP to PNG and paste it into Paint.
- Choose PNG as the exported format in the drop-down menu from the Edit menu’s “Save as” option.
- Finally, save this freshly formed picture, and your BMP to PNG conversion is complete!
Method 2: Using Professional Software
4n6 BMP Converter Software is the finest and easy to use solution to convert multiple BMP to PNG with transparency. This solution can overcome the limitations of the manual approach by allowing you to convert a huge number of Bitmap files to PNG at once. It is an offline software that does not store your images for a longer period time even after the conversion is complete. You may try and test the software capabilities by downloading the free version from the download button below.
Instructions on How to Use BMP to PNG Converter Tool
- Download BMP to PNG converter software and open it on your windows platform
- After that, click on the open button in the menu bar and then select the BMP option in the drop-down menu
- After the uploading of .bmp images, you can view them in the software panel on the right side
- Thereafter hit the Export button and select the PNG option in the drop-down menu for the conversion process
- Finally, choose the destination path and then hit the Save button, now your BMP images will be converted into PNG format
To convert multiple BMP to PNG in bulk, we have given you with two best methods. You may save BMP files as PNG using the MS Paint. However, this approach only applicable for small number of files. Alternatively, we have offered you to best BMP to PNG converter. The application is totally offline and free to use. You may get the software from the link above, and if you have any queries about it, you can contact us at any time.