How to Migrate Claws Mail to Outlook Account?
Do you need to migrate Claws Mail to Outlook? Do you want a solution that allows you to export complete data in an easy way? If yes, then this article is useful for you to read.
Claws Mail is an open source and free application for Windows, Mac and Linux OS. It is designed for managing emails, News, RSS feed, which makes it the versatile email client for handing wide range of tasks.
Reason to Migrate Claws Mail to Outlook
- Outlook is integrated with Microsoft Office. Hence, it convenient for users who rely on Office applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
- In corporate/enterprise environment, MS Outlook is still the standard email client due to its compatibility with Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Outlook offers robust collaboration features, including shared calendars and integration with Microsoft Teams.
How to Export Claws Mail to Outlook?
Migrating from Claws Mail to Outlook involves exporting email data from Claws Mail to standard MBOX format, and configuring a Thunderbird account to save emails in an Outlook-compatible format. You should follow the detailed process below to understand how to export Claws Mail to Outlook easily.
Step1) Save Claws Mail as MBOX File Type
- Firstly, launch Claws Mail.
- Click File menu and select Export to MBOX format
- Select Claws Mail folders that you want to export.
- Select a location for output files and click Save.
Step2) Import MBOX Files into Mozilla Thunderbird
- Install Thunderbird (If you haven’t already)
- Launch Mozilla Thunderbird
- Install ImportExportTools NG add-on
- Right-click the Local folder and select ImportExportTools NG
- Choose Import MBOX file, choose Import one or more MBOX files, and then click OK
Step3) Export MBOX Files in Thunderbird to EML
- Start Mozilla Thunderbird
- Right-click the imported MBOX files and select ImportExportTools NG
- Choose Export all messages in the folder and choose EML
- Select a destination location and click the Save button.
Step4) Import EML Files to Outlook
- Launch Microsoft Outlook on your system
- Choose all the EML files and import them into Outlook
Didn’t you like the manual process? Well, we neither. The method is very difficult and requires many steps. Additionally, you need to install Thunderbird unnecessarily. If you need an easy way to migrate Claws Mail to MS Outlook, you can find it below.
An Expert Way to Migrate Claws Mail to Outlook
MBOX Converter Software is an easy method to convert Claws Mail emails to Outlook file. With the help of this app, you can export your Claws mail data to Outlook PST files without any technical knowledge. This software supports all versions of Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, etc.
This software allows users to export Claws mail data into Outlook PST in a few simple steps. You must first extract the emails from your Claws mail account. You can refer to the above process to export Claws Mail emails first.
Steps to Convert Claws Mail Emails to Outlook Data File
- Download the software to migrate Claws mail to Outlook, install and run it on windows OS system.
- Click Open >> Email Data File >> MBOX Files (Claws Mail exported data).
- Preview the MBOX files in different modes such as hex view, email headers, and more.
- Hit the Export button and click the PST file option
- Enter the destination path and click the save button to start the converting process.
Once you have all your Claws Mail emails converted to a PST file, you will need to start importing into Outlook.
Import Claws Mail Converted Files into Outlook
- Open Outlook and click File.
- Select Open and Export and then Import/Export.
- Now, select Import from another program or file.
- Select Outlook Data File (PST) and click Next
- Browse the Claws mail converted to PST, then click Next
- Outlook will start importing files.
So, that is how to migrate Claws Mail to Outlook with thee help of the software. This approach simply looks easier and straightforward than the previous one. If you want to know more benefits of the tool, keep read on.
Features of the Software
- It guarantees that both emails and attachments are converted without data loss.
- When converting Claws Mail data to Outlook PST format, this app maintains properties.
- The tool allows to batch convert Claws mailboxes to Outlook at the same time.
- There are no changes to the message text, layout, or email header information.
- Also, the application supports to migrate selected Claws mailboxes to Outlook format.
- Ability to migrate Claws Mail to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and more.
- Also, you can download the application on Windows 11, Windows 10, and more.
- The app allows users to choose destination where you need to save output data.
- Also, this amazing utility offers several advance filters for the ease of users.
- It provides the preview of Claws Mail content, email headers, attachments etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1) How to Use Claws Mail in Outlook?
Both Claws Mai and Outlook support a distinct file format. In order to use Claws Mail to Outlook, you must need to convert Claws Mail emails to Outlook data file like EML or PST.
Question 2) Where can I find Claws Mail emails?
You may find Claws Mail emails at HOME/.claws-mail/folderlist.xml
Question 3) Can I set up Claws Mail directly on Outlook?
Both Claws Mail and Outlook are desktop applications. They store their data on the local drive. Hence there is no way you can set up Claws Mail directly on Outlook. The only way to export Claws Mail to Outlook is to convert the email data file.
Question 4) Is migrating from Claws Mail to Outlook safe?
Yes. It is completely safe and also useful to migrate Claws Mail to Outlook. There are more features in MS Outlook than Claws Mail.
Question 5) Can I import Claws Mail mailboxes in Outlook 2019?
Yes. Converted Claws Mail emails are supported by all versions of Outlook like 2019, 2016, etc.
Question 6) What is the default storage format for the Claws Mail?
Maildir is basically the default storage format for the Claws Mail. However it also support the other file type such as MBOX.
Question 7) I have multiple Claws Mail Maildir files containing a single messages? Can i import them directly to Outlook.
Outlook account does not support the Maildir format. You must export Maildir files of Claws Mail to Outlook supported file type first.