How to Convert WEBP File to TIFF Image Format? Complete Solution
There are several ways to convert WEBP file to TIFF format. However, some of these methods can be time-consuming and complicated. In order to save you time and hassle, we have found a simple way to export images from WEBP to TIFF which works well and is easy to implement.
Tiff file is a bitmap file used to store images on a computer. A WEBP file is an image format created by Google, similar in format to the popular jpeg image format. WEBP format is a compressed format and can be converted to Tiff format using Image converter software.
Differentiate Between WEBP and TIFF Format
Google designed WebP in 2010 to challenge JPG and PNG in picture storage and transfer. WebP was intended to improve browsing speed by giving JPEG or PNG quality in smaller file sizes. WebP photos employ lossy and lossless compression. Analysts call them “work in progress” since they’re incompatible with certain picture viewers and browsers.
TIFF is a format for storing and sharing graphics. It is capable of handling both vector and bitmap graphics. Layers may be stored in this file type, which uses the lossy and lossless compression algorithms. The TIFF file format was first established by Aldus and subsequently affiliated with Adobe Systems. As a result, this format is ideal for storing high-resolution images.
Benefits of TIFF Image Format:-
- TIFF, or Tagged Image File Format, is well-known for its photos with a great colour depth. The file extension for these photos is usually .tiff or .tif.
- Aside from that, it also saves 8 or 16 bits for each colour (RGB) for totals of 24 or 48 bits. It will take up less storage space since its file size is larger than a regular picture.
- These files, on the other hand, are ideal for archiving large amounts of highly detailed image data. It also features a lossless file compression method. As a result, it’s a popular option among professional photographers and editors.
- As a result, a TIFF file is used to store the detailed picture quality. They’re ideal for scanned images and documents of high quality. This format could be a suitable fit for storing high-resolution photographs of your documents and other stuff.
Read Also: How to Change images from WEBP to PSD files?
Simple Way to Convert Image from WEBP to TIFF Format
In this blog, you will be told in detail about two methods to convert WEBP file to TIFF format, and their advantages and disadvantages. By which you will know which method will be suitable for you and then you will be able to convert your image file easily.
- First Method, Using the Manual Solution
- Second Method, Using the Automatic Software and Expert Recommended Solution
Method 1: Using the Microsoft Paint
- Open Microsoft Paint and go through your WebP files to get started.
- Then go to the File tab and choose the Save As option.
- After that, choose TIFF as your export format and save your work.
Warning: Using this method, Microsoft Paint itself gives a warning that your image quality may go down as we have shown in this screenshot. If you want to avoid warnings you can go our second way
Method 2: Using the Professional Way
The best way to convert WEBP file to TIFF is with 4n6 WEBP file converter software, with which you can export bulk WEBP images in tiff format. If you want to keep your file safe and looking for offline software without using any other online software then you can use this software.
Instruction on How to Use WEBP to TIFF Converter Software
- Download WEBP to TIFF converter software and install it on your computer system
- After that, click on the open button in the menu bar and the select WEBP option in the drop-down menu
- Then view the uploaded webp images in the software panel
- Eventually, click on the Export option in the menu bar and then choose the TIFF option in the drop-down menu
- Lastly, select the final preferred location and hit the save button, now your WEBP file will be converted into TIFF Image format
Beneficial Features of WEBP to TIFF Converter Software
- Batch conversion of WebP files to TIFF format is supported by the software.
- This utility has no restrictions when it comes for convert WEBP file to TIFF format.
- It works with all Windows operating systems, including Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista, Windows Server 20’9, 2016, and others.
- To convert WebP file to TIFF format, you don’t need any additional software.
- The resulting files may be saved anywhere on a Windows machine.
- It’s a risk-free program that gives you 100% accurate outcomes.
- The toolkit provides two ways for loading single or multiple WebP files.
Read Also: How to Batch conversion of WebP files to TIFF?
This article will show you how to convert WEBP file to TIFF. Aside from that, we’ve briefly explained both the free and professional methods. As a consequence, manual approaches have certain limits and may have an impact on your data. As a result, we strongly advise choosing an Expert-recommended solution to resolve this issue. Users may use the tool stated before in this article.