Know-How to Convert Multiple Images to PNG Format at Once with Complete Tutorial
There are a lot of different ways to save images in PNG format. You can use Photoshop or another graphics editing program, but there are other ways that are very effective and easy to use. You should also know how to save time and money while doing so. One of the most important steps in changing image format to PNG format is to transfer your image files to PNG format. This post will provide you with a step-by-step guide that will help you convert multiple images to PNG format with ease.
Advantages of PNG Image Formats
- Lossless Compression: PNG offers the fundamental benefit of lossless compression. This implies that even after several encoding and decoding operations, digital pictures compressed in accordance with this standard maintain their data, details, and quality.
- Wide Color Depth: The format may use to store a variety of digital pictures, including photos and graphics. In addition to grayscale and RGB/RGBA pictures that are not palette-based, it also supports 24-bit RGB and 32-bit RGBA colour palettes.
- Support for Transparency: The PNG format’s ability to handle the compression of digital pictures with transparent sections is another important feature. Be aware that these transparent portions are represented by a solid white hue in the JPEG standard.
- Ideal for Editing Images: This format is perfect for saving digital photographs for editing since it uses lossless compression. The PNG format preserves picture quality even after several encoding and decoding operations.
- Sharp Edges and Solid Colors: Be aware that any picture format generates visual artefacts when used with digital images that have huge solid colours and distinct object edges. PNG is an exception to this. This format is thus perfect for graphics, line art, and text-based pictures.
How to Transfer a Photo to PNG File Formats?
To convert multiple images to PNG format, you will find two such methods in this blog, with the help of which you will be able to accomplish this task very easily. The first of them is the Methods Manual, which we have covered in this blog for both Windows and Mac users. And another way is the automatic solution which is only for Windows users. Let’s see how both of these methods are used, read, understand their steps and then try them out.
Method #1: Manually Change Image Format to PNG File Format on Windows OS
- Right-clicking a picture once it has open is the first step.
- Choose Paint from the drop-down box under the Open With option.
- Choose Save As from the menu that appears by clicking the File option on the tab.
- Then, from the list of choices, choose PNG as the file format.
- After changing the picture to PNG, rename the file and choose the output location before pressing the Save button.
Method #2: Save Image to PNG File Format Manually on Mac OS
- Select Open With Select Preview from the expanded menu by clicking on the picture.
- Select the Export option from the drop-down list under the File menu.
- To finish the process, choose PNG as the Format, provide the new name for your findings, and then click Save.
Disadvantages of Manal Methods
- During the manual conversion, you will need to export each picture individually.
- It takes a long time and might result in loss or duplicate generation since there is no bulk converting function.
- It takes longer than normal since it is extensive and has the potential to produce duplicate things. You could also overlook certain files.
- Additionally, you may not be able to maintain the files in the same sequence, which makes it challenging to locate the information you need.
Method #3: Automatic Method to Convert Image Format to PNG File
If we talk about how to convert multiple images to PNG format then our only answer will be that with the help of an automatic solution because this software is very advanced and easy to use and its name is 4n6 Image File Converter Software. And experts also recommend using this software because this software works in offline mode, so users like it more because it does not save your data on the server at the time of conversion.
How Can Users Use this Software for Conversion?
- Firstly, download the image to PNG converter software and then install it on your windows platform
- After the installation, click on the open button in the menu bar and then upload the images with the help of the “choose folder or choose file” option
- After the uploading, you can preview your images files on the right side of the software panel
- Thereafter click on the Export button in the menu bar and then pick the PNG option for the conversion process
- Finally, choose the last destination path for the resultant files and then hit the Save button, now your multiple images will be converted into PNG format.
To take advantage of the features that a PNG format file offers, many users convert multiple images to PNG format. These advantages include transparency, 8-bit and 24-bit colour support, and maintaining the same quality even after several openings and saves.
As a result, meticulous conversion must perform, which is why we offer conversion software here. The manual method might be a bit challenging and complicated, and not all users find it suitable for converting in mass.