Open MBOX File in Thunderbird With Import/Export Tools Add-on
Summary: This tutorial will show you how to open MBOX file in Thunderbird in a variety of methods. Therefore, if you are the one who is looking for anything similar, you could find it useful.
Multiple email clients, including Apple Mail and others, support MBOX files. Additionally, when you use the Takeout capabilities to download Google Data, it saves in the MBOX file type. While Thunderbird’s email client supports MBOX files, they aren’t very straightforward to access. It necessitates a few measures that must be properly considered. So, have a look at them down below.
How to Open MBOX File in Thunderbird? A Thunderbird-centric Approach
The import procedure in Mozilla Thunderbird requires the installation of an add-on before you can move further with it. After the Import/Export Tools add-on for Thunderbird has been installed, the following steps need be taken to import MBOX files into Thunderbird:
- Launch Thunderbird, navigate to the Tools menu, pick the ImportExportTools option, and then hit the Import MBOX file button.
- In the pop-up window, the default setting for the option to Import directly one or more MBOX files should be selected; click Ok to continue.
- Navigate to the specified place and look for the MBOX file there.
- After the import, you will be able to view all of the things in your mailbox.
So, utilizing Thunderbird’s capabilities, you can open MBOX file in Mozilla Thunderbird. However, there are certain drawbacks to this procedure that you should be aware of. This method must be well-understood by you. Furthermore, this method does not ensure data security. You may also encounter limitations, such as the inability to import MBOX file to Thunderbird owing to an extension problem.
If you encounter this problem when using the manual way, you may want to try the next method to open MBOX files in Thunderbird.
An Automated Way to Open MBOX File in Mozilla Thunderbird
MBOX Converter Wizard is a toolkit that makes it simple to open MBOX files directly in Thunderbird. If you have an issue with the extension of your MBOX files, you can convert them to a widely accepted format. Another advantage of the software is that if you want to open MBOX files in a different account than Thunderbird, you may do so because it has several saving choices such as CSV, Roundcube, Outlook, Windows Live Mail, etc. To figure out how the tool works, follow the instructions below.
Detailed Procedures for Using the Automated Approach
- To open MBOX file in Thunderbird, download the Thunderbird MBOX Viewer. After that, you should install and run it.
- Then, under Email Data File, choose MBOX Files, and then choose either Choose files or Choose folder.
- After you’ve submitted MBOX files to the software, you can preview them if you need to.
- Then, under the Export menu, choose Thunderbird MBOX as your saving method.
- Click the browse button to pick the proper area for storing files, and then hit the save button to open MBOX file in Thunderbird.
Note that if you wish to open MBOX files in other ways, you may do so by selecting them from the export tab’s saving option.
Let’s dig a little deeper into the tool now. To help you understand the tool better, we’ve shown some of its functionalities. As a result, it’s worth taking a look at them.
Find Some Capabilities of the Thunderbird MBOX Viewer
- Bulk open MBOX in Thunderbird. Multiple MBOX files can be imported at the same time.
- Imports email and attachments, as well as other common attributes connected with files.
- This software also allows you to preview all of your MBOX emails and attachments.
- All of your MBOX emails are also available in Hex View, Raw View, and Message Headers.
- Allows you to incorporate the email header of all your emails in MBOX before importing them.
- It offers multiple saving options. Hence you open MBOX to different alternatives as well.
- It’s completely independent and doesn’t require any additional app support or settings to function.
You may now open MBOX file in Thunderbird in two different ways. You have the option of doing the manual route or going the automatic route. The manual method necessitates technical expertise, but the Thunderbird MBOX viewer is easy to use. It also allows you to choose from a variety of storage option to keep your MBOX files. Examine each strategy and choose the one that is most fit for you.